Wednesday, August 29, 2012

DIY pallet wall.

So I am helping to design my boss's new restaurant Meat & Three. It's a work in progress, but it's coming along. Today we decided we were going with the idea of a pallet wall. With all different lyrics from various well known bands. So we started by finding the pallets (behind Walmart) and then I bought some Early American Stain Finish and painted the pallets to make them darker and more expensive looking. Then we used a matte paint to sponge on the lyrics. It is super easy, but very time consuming. Here are the photos of the ones I did today! Can't wait til they are done! Too bad I won't be there to finish the project! College is better anyways :)
Xoxo Robs

P.S. give it a go! And also it would be cute as a bed headboard, or even a bookcase, shelf, desk, anything really! Experiment, and tell me what you did!!!

3 comments:

  1. These look so cooool! Actually, I've made a similar project for our home / my boyfriend as a birthday gift last year. I used boards of old sand box, and tied them together with some rope. Text is his favourite quote "Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life". I published some photos of the process but they're not really good..You can see the finished thing in some home or diy-posts, or on the background of other stuff :D

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cool idea! :) Those could be great decoration anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea!! They look awesome, I'd love to try this :)

    ReplyDelete